Programme Overview BVOC Hospitality & TourismMarch 6, 2021
Govt. College Kullu (H.P)
Name of the department: Hospitality and Tourism (B.Voc)
Year of Establishment: 2017
Name of Programme/ Courses: UG
No. of teaching posts sanctioned: 03
No. of teaching posts filled 03
|1||Mr. Dinesh Kumar||MBA(HM),MTTM||Vocational Trainer(VT)||Teaching:-7 Industry :- 2|
|T||Mr. Ashish Bhopal||MTTM||Vocational Trainer(VT)||7|
|3||Mrs. Shobhana||MBA(H&T)||Vocational Trainer(VT)||7|
Course structure: B.Voc (Hospitality & Tourism)
(UG semester programme w.e.f. 2021)
|Semester||Course Type||Course code||Course Title||Credit|
|1||General Component||EN111||Learning a Foreign or English||6|
|General Component||TH111||Introduction to Tourism Aviation, Hospitality Industry||6|
|Skill Component||TH121||Skill Paper-01||4|
|Skill Component||TH122||Skill Paper-02||4|
|Skill Component||TH123||Skill Paper-03||4|
|On Job Training(OJT)||TH124||On Job Training||6|
|2||General Component||EN211||Tourism Products||6|
|General Component||TH212||Communicative English for Tourism & Hospitality||6|
|Skill Component||TH221||Skill Paper-01||5|
|Skill Component||TH222||Skill Paper-02||4|
|Skill Component||TH223||Skill Paper-03||4|
|On Job Training(OJT)||TH224||Internship||5|
|3 & 4||General Component||TH311||Basic of Tourism Research||6|
|General Component||TH312||Basic of Tourism Management||6|
|General Component||TH313||Travel Agency Management and Operations||6|
|General Component||TH314||Environment Science||6|
|Skill Component||TH321||Skill Paper-01||5|
|Skill Component||TH322||Skill Paper-02||4|
|Skill Component||TH323||Skill Paper-03||3|
|On Job Training(OJT)||TH421||Internship||24|
|5 & 6||General Component||TH511||Travel Geography||6|
|General Component||TH512||Itinerary Preparations||6|
|General Component||TH513||Entrepreneurship in Tourism & Hospitality Industry||6|
|General Component||TH514||Introduction to Tourism Marketing||6|
|Skill Component||HT521||Skill Paper-01||2|
|Skill Component||HT522||Skill Paper-02||5|
|Skill Component||HT523||Skill Paper-03||5|
|On Job Training(OJT)||HT621||Internship(on the job training)||24|
Programme Name:- B.Voc(Bachelor of Vocation)
- To provide judicious mix of skills relating to a profession and appropriate content of General Education.
- To ensure that the students have adequate knowledge and skills.
- To provide flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points. To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education to enhance employability of the students and meet industry requirements. Such student apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
- To provide vertical mobility to students admitted in such vocational courses. The certification levels will lead to Diploma/Advanced Diploma/B. Voc. Degree in Production Technology and will be offered by respective affiliating University/Board of Technical Education.
- Students may be awarded Level Certificate/Diploma/Advance Diploma /Degree.
- To provide vertical mobility to students coming out of 10+2 with vocational subjects.
- To integrate NSQF within the undergraduate level of higher education in order to enhance employability of the graduates and meet industry requirements. Such graduates apart from meeting the needs of local and national industry are also expected to be equipped to become part of the global workforce.
- The B.Voc. Programme is focused on universities and colleges providing undergraduate studies which would also incorporate specific job roles and their NOSs along with broad based general education.
- This would enable the graduates completing B.Voc. to make a meaningful participation in accelerating India’s economy by gaining appropriate employment, becoming entrepreneurs and creating appropriate knowledge.
Subject Specific Outcomes:-
- To know about front office operation.
- Able to know the profile of Front office associate, Front Office executive, Guest relationship manager & Duty manager.
Programme Specific Outcomes:-
- To interpret the fundamental principles of essential hospitality and tourism business functions.
- Recognize the importance and scope of skilled; friendly customer services both internal and external stakeholders.
- Students are employed in hospitality and tourism sectors in various managerial and operation positions like restaurant management, recreation and health, catering, cruise ship hotel management, institutional and industrial catering, in food, confectionery, beverage production industries.
- To develop the hospitality skills.
- Enhance their personality.
- Able to explain characteristics of the hospitality industry.
- Able to explain the relationship between the hospitality and tourism industry.
- Upon successful completion of the course the students know interrelationship between different divisions of the accommodation business like as Front office & housekeeping.
- Provides knowledge in hospitality management coupled with awareness of skills and attitudes which will prepare students for responsible leadership roles in the hospitality industry.
- After completing this course students are able to learn about hospitality and Tourism Sector.
- Student to remain employable after the completion of a degree program, he/she must have the right knowledge and skills required by the industry.
- The B.Voc. degree programs are designed with multiple entry and exit points while teaching adequate theory and practical required for employment.
- After completing the B.Voc UG course students entry in higher course like as M.Voc, Msc(H&T),MTTM.
- Some students complete the B.Voc course find job at their related industry as well as Govt. Sector.
B.voc department provide various types of activities like as:-
- Guest Lecturers
- Industrial Visit
- College function participation
- OJT (On Job Training)
- Job Placement
- Mobilization in school related our course.